Gigi Hadid has been on my style radar over the past year: her casual off-model duty looks, coupled with her edgy-yet-glamourous red carpet style has me constantly going “I want that look!”. So it’s no surprise that whenever I find myself needing any inspiration for outfits or hair-styles, I turn to the keywords “Gigi/ Hadid/ Style” on Pinterest or Google Images.
I’ve picked out two looks Gigi wore in the past year that would be easy to recreate for the festive season, one is a low ponytail look she pulled off for the Met Gala 2016, and the other, a high top-knot bun with side fringe she wore to her Gigi x Maybelline launch party, and the Met Gala 2017.
Since I currently have bangs that are not long enough, I recreated this look without the fringe combed to the side.
- Blow dry hair with the Dyson Supersonic styling attachment.
- Section hair into two parts
- Divide the bottom section into three parts, securing the middle section with a rubber band.
- With the remaining sections, twist either section in an inwards motion, then secure with a rubber band. You should have secured three rubber bands by the time you are done with the bottom half of your hair.
- Let down the top half of your hair down, blow dry further and backcomb for volume.
- Comb neatly and combine the top half of the hair with the existing ponytail.
High-Bun with Side Fringe
- Spray sea-salt spray or wave spray onto damp hair.
- Twirl small hair sections while spraying product onto hair.
- Blow dry hair with the Dyson Supersonic diffuser attachment. The diffuser should be placed at the bottom of your curls in order to create volume.
- Do an extreme side-parting, and section off an inch of hair for the side fringe.
- Secure the remaining hair in a top knot bun.
- Twirl the fringe inwards and blow dry fringe with the Dyson Supersonic styling attachment. Spray fringe with hairspray if need be.
- Adjust top knot to desired shape.
This blog post was brought to you by Dyson Supersonic.