We enjoy tuning in and keeping updated with fashion shows as they can provide inspiration for when you are looking to change up your look/ style, be it outfits, makeup, or even hair! Here, we share with you some of our favourite 2017 September Fashion Week hair looks and also, a simple tutorial on each hairstyle.
We noticed a re-emergence of the 90s style: leather berets, velvet ribbons and encrusted hairpins graced the catwalks of fashion houses like Dior and Roberto Cavalli.
1. Leather beret
A simple headwear can really pull an outfit together. Paired with airy curls, this hat lends a chic and Parisian charm to any outfit.
Structured Waves with leather beret
Note: This is a slightly modified version of the curls featured on the runway.
- Begin with damp hair. Dry your hair using the Dyson Supersonic Hairdryer fixed with the smoothing nozzle on low air flow and low heat.
- Section the top half of your hair with a clip.
- Taking one-inch segments, use a small to medium-sized rounded brush and roll your hair around the brush in an outwards motion.
- With the styling concentrator fastened to the Dyson Supersonic, start with medium strength and medium heat. Unroll and work the hairdryer from the top to the end of each .
- Once done with blow-drying each section, curl each section around your finger and pin.
- After all sections have been pinned, take the diffuser attachment and turn on the hairdryer, blowing towards your hair in an upwards direction.
- Now, it’s time to gently unveil the curls!
2. Velvet ribbon
Velvet ribbons adorned on a low ponytail is one way to achieve a pretty and sophisticated look.
3. Encrusted hairpins
Another way of adding a hint of drama and statement to your ensemble is by securing your hair with encrusted hairpins! Get creative with a bold colour or design!
4. Sleek gel look
This rendition of the 90s gelled hair trend is fitting for our high humidity, and low-maintenance enough that no touch-ups are required throughout the day.
Sleek Gel Look
- Distribute/Coat the top half of your hair with gel.
- Blow-dry your hair with the Dyson Supersonic Hairdryer on medium heat and medium strength till gel hardens.
- Secure the ends of your hair with any hair accessory.
What were some of your favourite hairstyles from September Fashion Week? Share with us some of your fashion choices that have been influenced from fashion shows in the comments below!