25 Oct Fiji with Fiji Airways (Part 2) – Tokoriki Island
In this post, we bid goodbye to Vanua Levu for Tokoriki Island! We took a domestic Fiji Link flight from Labasa Airport (another Airport on Vanua Levu Island) back to Nadi, afterwhich we headed to Port Denarau to catch a South Sea Cruises Ferry that would take us to Tokoriki. The ferry disembarkation process was a unique one – there is no jetty: hotels and resorts on Tokoriki Island would send their house boats to the ferry, located somewhat 1 kilometre away from the island, in the middle of the ocean, and we would have to board the next boat while out in the choppy waters. Relieved was I when we got onto our Tokoriki Island Resort house boat. (Just to clarify, we stayed at Tokoriki Island Resort on Tokoriki Island. Tokoriki Island is also home to many other fantastic resorts you can check out!)
Tokoriki Island Resort
Upon arrival, we were greeted with the familiar tune of the Ukelele, accompanied by voices chiming in with “Bula!” or “Welcome to Paradise!”. At once, any hint of motion sickness I got from the boat rides were gone, and we were made to feel at home once more. We had limited time at Tokoriki as our flight to Singapore was due the next day. If we had had a little bit more time, I would have liked to arrange a day trip via the resort, out to Cloud9 Restaurant – a pizzeria located in the middle of the ocean off Malolo Island.
Alas, we made do with what we could with less than 24 hours to enjoy Tokoriki Island Resort. We snuck in a little bit of exploring off the porch of our Sunset Pool Villa, and me being me, noticing an opportunity to climb something, jumped onto the trunk of a tree, to Elsie’s dismay. The next morning, we got to experience a Tokoriki Island Resort “unlimited” spa special – I’ve been told it’s the only one of its kind – all guests have to do is pay FJ$370 (approx. SGD $244) to enjoy 3 days of unlimited massages, I know I would be making use of that if I had two more days!
Besides planning a trip to Cloud9, or enjoying your unlimited number of massages, should you visit Tokoriki Island Resort, you can also get to experience the following activities, which are planned and updated weekly online and onsite for their guests: an Island Beach Picnic, Guided Snorkel Safaris, Village Visits, Light Tackle Fishing, and Dive Certification Courses.
If you have a bit more time in Fiji, there are many other wonderful things to explore and do on the islands. If I could, I would have loved to visit and hike volcano Mount Yasur, and if I was a little bit braver, I would swim with Manta Rays, or even sharks! For the more sporty adrenaline-junkies, there are white-water rafting and tandem skydiving opportunities too.
Alas, I hope you enjoyed our blog posts on Fiji! To end off this special series, Fiji Airways and I are giving away a pair of return economy tickets from Singapore to Nadi!*
Do note only flights will be covered for you and your traveling partner. You will have to foot your own transfers, transport, accommodation, activities, and meals while in Fiji! Do also note prize redemption must be completed by 1 November 2018, and travel must be completed by 10 January 2019! Please familiarise yourself with the Terms & Conditions first before participating in this giveaway.
If you want to win, simply leave a comment on this blog post (Part 2 of my Fiji series), with your Name, Age, Email, and Reason why.
* Terms and Conditions of travel:
- Reservations and ticketing must be made through a Fiji Airways staff member at least 30 working days prior to date of travel.
- Having a valid passport, visa application and associated costs are NOT the responsibility of Fiji Airways & Fiji Link.
- This ticket is NOT transferable, CANNOT be en-cashed nor can it be redeemed in any other form.
- Only the prize winner may redeem this prize certificate. Name changes are NOT permitted after ticketing. Once ticketed, normal fare rules, appropriate change fees and conditions of carriage apply.
- Due to high travel season and load factors, blackout dates may apply.
- Travel is valid on Fiji Airways [prime] services only and point to point services only.
- Ground transfers, resort accommodation, other meals, and incidentals are NOT included in this offer.
- Booking must be made between 15 December 2017 – 1 November 2018. Travel must be completed by 10 January 2019.