05 Oct 3 Everyday Hairstyles You Can Learn
I normally style my own hair myself on a day to day basis, but whenever I have major shoots or events, I can always turn to a few hairstylists I can trust to doll me up and transform me from my usual potato state.
For today’s post, I am working with my dear Pari (find her on Instagram @beautifulfaces_bypari). Pari and I have worked together for almost 4 years, and she styles my hair beautifully. She’s also a braiding goddess in my opinion – give her any Pinteres tpicture of a braid, she can replicate it!
To depart from the usual bun/ ponytail/ side braid styles that we turn to everyday, Pari came up with three styles that are really easy to achieve and learn! All you need: A comb, hair bands, bobby pins, and a trusty hairdryer – in my case, the Dyson Supersonic hairdryer (:
- Start off with damp hair, I highly recommend applying heat protector cream if you style your hair often.
- Blow-dry your hair with the Dyson Supersonic hairdryer on medium heat and medium strength. Work the comb in a rounded, inwards direction.
- Once hair is dry, it should have an overall wavy look.
- From either side of your temples, take a 1-inch segment of hair and twist it inwards, secure with a bobby pin. Pull hair out gently to create a little bit of volume and texture.
- Repeat step 4, this time securing the segments at the bottom of and close to initial twisted segments.
- Style with a scarf if you wish!
Side Braid with Bun
- Pick your best side, and create a braid from the fringe down to the side of your ears. Tie the rest of your hair with a rubber band.
- Grab the remaining of your hair and roll it inwards into a bun. Secure with bobby pins.
- Take the ponytail from the braided section, and wrap it around the bun. Secure and accessorise with decorative bobby pins in an X-shape.
- Create volume with the diffuser attachment on the Dyson Supersonic hairdryer.
- Create a half ponytail, create a hole in the middle, take the tail-end, put it into and through the hole.
- Take two 1-inch segments from either side of your temples, secure with hair band and invert the ponytail. Secure this ponytail as close as possible to the previous one with bobby pins. Pull hair out gently to create volume.
- Repeat Step 3 with hair gathered from either side of your ears.
- Take the remainder of your hair, twist and blow dry to create a wavy curly texture.
There you have it! 3 super pretty and easy hairstyles to learn. I found myself turning to the Inverted Half-Ponytails look quite often after learning how to do it! If you’d like to see more of these kind of blog posts, do let us know! (: