Always fancied the idea of being a florist? Or giving floral arrangements a go? I’ve partnered with The Floral Atelier and Club Monaco to bring you this super quick and easy floral arrangement tutorial! In this blog post, I’ll be working with 5 different leaf and flower-types, and placing them in a recycled mason jar. The arrangement works as a great accompaniment to your living, work, or personal space. I personally would also gift this to a friend during her birthday, or send it to someone as a gesture of thanks or appreciation!
Materials You Will Need:
- Recycled Mason Jar (Or you can buy a jar for $2 from Daiso)
- Stem Clippers
- Double-Sided Tape
- Green-Coloured Cable Tie
- Twine String (Available at IKEA, or Spotlight)
- Decorative Ribbon with Lace (Available at Spotlight)
I’ve picked the following for today’s tutorial: (From left to right) Mahonia Leaf, , White Baby Daisies, Ivory Roses, Green Viburum, White Eustomas
- Work with a theme in mind so that you have a general idea of what colours and flowers to use. Here, I achieved a casual-elegant colour palette of whites and greens with spurts of sunshine yellows.
- Fill ⅓ of the mason jar with water.
- Remove leaves from the bottom-part of the stems, we do not want them in the jar.
- Arrange the flowers and leaves you’ve picked out to your liking.
- Secure your final arrangement with a cable tie.
- Cut the stem to suit the height of the vase, it is best if the arrangement just sits slightly above the mouth of the jar, to give a fuller appearance to the vase arrangement.
- Embellish your mason jar with any decorative ribbons and double-sided tape, and your flower bouquet is complete!
Tip: Let your blooms be the focal piece. Place any greenery at the corners, nicely spaced out and curled to create an elegant wall.
Tip: Rotate your arrangement to ensure it looks cohesive at all sides.
I hope you found this blog post useful, share with us what some of your favourite flowers are, and hopefully we can come up with another arrangement for that as well!