17 Mar How To: Create 3 Different Hairstyles with a Hairdryer!
Look 1: Voluminous Straight Hair
No need to head to the salon for a blowout anymore! This look is perfect if you are going for an effortlessly sleek look.
What you will need: A large rounded hairbrush and the Dyson Supersonic Styling Concentrator attachment. The following technique will leave your hair feeling bouncy, voluminous, and silky smooth!
- After shampooing and conditioning, make sure to apply your preferred hair protectant products before blow drying to minimise any hair damage from heat exposure. The good thing about the Dyson Supersonic is its heat settings are capped at 100°C, which means your hairdryer will never overheat, and your hair and scalp are protected from extreme heat damage.
- Blow-dry your hair till partially dry. Working with the lowest air and heat settings (60°C), gently comb through your hair using your fingers.
- Section your hair into inch-long portions. For the mid-length to bottom sections, roll your hair into brush and direct the airflow in a downwards direction, brushing your hair inwards as you approach the ends.
- Top to mid-section of hair: Roll hair under a round brush and blow-dry the top portion of your sectioned hair in an upwards and inwards motion towards your head. This supplies your hair with volume.
**Dyson Supersonic settings: Low heat and medium speed.
Look 2: Wavy Hair Using French Braid Technique
If you are looking for an easy, fun and playful look, this hairstyle is so easy to achieve! If you want more natural waves, create larger braids, or start braiding from mid-length onwards!
What you will need: Dyson Supersonic Smoothing Nozzle, 4 Hair Clips, and 4 Hair Ties.
- As with the previous look, blow-dry your hair till it’s slightly damp.
- Divide your hair into 4 sections. How to achieve an even distribution: Start with a centre parting, using your fingers, divide each half of your hair from the top of your head to the back of your ears. Use clips to ensure that each section will be undisturbed while braiding.
- Taking one section, divide it into three equal portions using your fingers.
- How to braid: Begin by crossing the strand “on top” over to the strand in the middle. The right strand should now be the strand in the middle. Then, cross your left strand over the middle stand. The left strand is now the strand in the middle. Repeat this process until you can no longer cross any strands. Note that the key is to ensure you’re always crossing over the top strand. Secure your braid with a hair tie.
- Proceed to braid the other 3 sections.
- Blow dry each section for 5 minutes with the Dyson Supersonic Smoothing Nozzle. We’d recommend going for the lowest heat setting, with the lowest air speed. Remove braids, starting from the bottom and working your way to the top. Comb through hair with your fingers.
Look 3: Natural Curls
This has to be my favourite look to achieve using the Dyson Supersonic. The romantic curls just elevates any appearance, and gives you an instant Korean-celebrity makeover, no? (:
What you will need: Mid-sized rounded brush, and the Dyson Supersonic Styling Concentrator and Diffuser.
- Remember to apply your desired hair-care products onto wet hair before blow-drying.
- Blow your hair till partially dry.
- Start with the fringe, use clips to clip back hair that you are not styling to prevent any tangling.
- Starting from the ends of your hair, use a brush and start rolling your hair towards your head, in an outwards direction.
- With your Dyson Supersonic on a medium heat and air settings, constantly rotate the brush inwards and outwards to distribute the heat evenly along your hair with the Styling Concentrator accessory.
- Unravel the brush and twist your hair out from the brush simultaneously.
- Repeat this process until you have finished curling all your hair.
- End off by using the Dyson Supersonic Diffuser to diffuse the heat evenly through your curls to make the curls last longer and look bouncier!
And… there you have it! Three looks so easy to achieve in the comfort of your own vanity! What I really love about the Dyson Supersonic is how strong its speed settings are, the looks are so quick to achieve once you master the brush and braiding techniques. If you have any comments on your own Dyson Supersonic experience, leave a comment below!
I’ll be partnering with Dyson over the next few months to bring you more hairstyling tips, tricks and trends. Stay tuned to the blog for more!